Peer Group Mentoring brings together leaders from different companies and industries who are in transition to a new senior-level role. It accelerates leaders’ development and provides group members with an external network of leaders who are facing similar challenges.
In traditional leadership development programmes, the content is created by assuming what the participants’ development needs are. In Peer Group Mentoring, the learning is led by the participants based on their immediate professional challenges. Leaders learn with and from each other with guidance from a Group Coach. This creates powerful outcomes: help with solving live issues whilst simultaneously developing their leadership skills.
The Group Coach is Dr Jacqueline Conway, who has more than 20 years’ experience in working with leaders as they grapple with disruptive change and relentless complexity. Jacqueline guides the Group’s process and provides valuable content input when it’s required by Group members.
When, where and how
- The programme runs for 6 months and will begin in November 2019.
- Sessions run once per month in central Edinburgh.
- Sessions start late afternoon to minimise disruption to both the working day and family commitments. They last 2 ½ hours.
- The group support continues between sessions on an easy-to-use technology platform.
- There are typically between 5 and 8 people in each group.
- There is usually a strong social aspect to the group with informal meet-ups arranged as the group relationships develop.
- The Group Coach, Dr Jacqueline Conway, will host the sessions and provides research, reading materials and other input which the group would find helpful.
If you would like to enrol for the next group, beginning November 2019, or you would like to find out more information, under no obligation, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
By Jacqueline Conway…
Jacqueline Conway is an organisation effectiveness consultant with two decade’s experience working with executives as they grapple with disruptive change and relentless complexity. She helps executive teams increases their adaptive capability as they align their culture to their purpose and as they solve intractable problems.